What should you know before your first Ashtanga class?
○ Please arrive 10 minutes early for your first class to familiarise yourself with the space.
○ Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in.
○ You can borrow one of our mats, but you may want to buy your own if you practice regularly.
○ We do not have a shower at the studio but we do have three small sinks!
○ Hydrate well at least an hour before class; and hydrate well after.
○ Try not to eat before class; a full stomach does not feel good during practice.
○ Have a hot shower or warm bath before practice.
○ Do not be afraid to ask questions; that is what we are here for!
○ When in doubt send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
○ The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, translation by Sri Swami Satchidananda
○ The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran
○ Yoga Mala by Sri K Pattabhi Jois
○ Ashtanga Yoga Anushtana by R. Sharath Jois
○ Guruji: A Portrait of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois Through the Eyes of His Students